If you are a freelancer, then you will know that getting money in for completed jobs is of the utmost importance. If you can utilise services to invoice for free then you should definately explore this avenue.
There are many different solutions for achieving this task ranging from the old fashioned carbon copy pad, right through to the dedicated iPhone application.
A consideration that you might overlook, would be that a web-based solution (sometimes called Software as a Service) will allow you far greated mobility than the desktop based solution. You will be able to bill your clients from anywhere with an internet connection.
Using an online service will allow you to create your own invoice, from a range of templates, and distribute them to your clients in a HTML formatted email, attached as a PDF, printed and mailed, or even faxed!
Instructions – Create free invoices online using Paper Free Billing.
- Sign up for your free account at Paper Free Billing (note NO CREDIT CARD required to sign up)
- Click on “Settings” and then the “Company Logo” tab to upload your own logo.
- Choose the “Invoice Templates” tab to choose one of the many templates.
- Click “Clients & Contacts” to add as many Clients or Contacts as you wish.
- Next click “Create New Invoice” – Choose your client in the dropdown and enter the information, and click Send.
- After you’ve sent an invoice you can send “Payment Reminders”, “Thank You Messages” and “Record Payments”
- Invoices can be sent as HTML only or also attached as PDF. You can choose to print the invoice to send via Fax or Mail.
There is also an excellent support section of the site available once you register for free.