I’ve just been reading an older article that I stumbled across on the Telegraph website:
Although the article is getting on for 6 months old, it is still an interesting read, and has some good advice for small business owners, which I believe are even more pertinent in the current economic climate.
RECESSION TOOL KIT
- Market yourself for free through social media networks
- Work virtually unless you need an office
- Seek expert advice and opinions, but then make up your own mind
- Be great at customer service, and you’ll stand out and be remembered
- Use outside investment unless you have to
- Invest based on forecasted profits, but on actual profits
Lets explore these tips in a little more detail, do you have any tips for small businesses that you can share? Add them to the comment section at the bottom of this post.
Market yourself for free through social media networks – Great advice, this is something that you should be doing on a regular basis regardless of a recession or not, Twitter (Follow me by the way), Facebook, Posting on your favourite forums – utilising signatures, blogs, YouTube etc – loads of good places to help increase your marketing push for free.